Good afternoon, blogosphere!
I can’t believe it’s already June and summer is just a few days away. Arkansas is already swarming with mosquitos and heat waves. I have turned at least three shades darker, thanks to my hispanic heritage and no thanks to incoherent sunscreen. I suppose you get what you pay for. Some things on my summer bucket list….
- Attend Movies in The Park, every Wednesday night! (Don’t know what I’m talking about, local reader? Check out their website! It’s a super fun and FREE event!) http://moviesintheparklr.net/
- Shop for local veggies at my local farmers market on Saturday mornings.
- Cook more healthy meals- with those veggies from above!
- Get back into Yoga.. and meditating, and striving for that zen state of “being.” The heat here can make you a little crazy. At least, certainly irritable!
- Read, Read, Read… Everything and anything. Now that I’ve finished my undergrad, I finally have time to read for pleasure again. I’ve almost finished A Discovery of Witches, which is about a super hot vampire (I’ll never get sick of that storyline!) and a highly intelligent professor of alchemy, who is (little did she know) a witch. It’s a fun mystery/romance novel. After that book, I have Wild lined up, by Cheryl Strayed. I heard her interview on NPR a month or so ago, and her book was just placed on Oprah’s top reading list!
- Take a Class… I believe you aren’t truly living if you aren’t learning something new. Therefore, I would like to sign up for a class this summer. I’ve been thinking about Ballet, since I would love to get into better shape and channel my inner Swan. I am also seriously debating this offer for new graduates from Rosetta Stone. It would be very cool to be fluent in a third language. I’m thinking French.
Well I could go on, but that’s enough of a bucket list for now. I have no summer vacations lined up, in an attempt to save some money, so it should be a fairly relaxing summer. Although I am eager to move out of the south, Arkansas is a truly beautiful state. I’ve already been hiking and canoeing a few times this past spring, and the views are breathtaking. I am definitely excited to do more of this over the course of the summer.
Until next time,